Club Zork

6 Conversations

Hello Sailor! Welcome to Club Zork;
"Where the G.U.E's Elite Meet"

This is an H2G2 club dedicated to helping hitchhikers stuck in interactive fiction games, such as those by INFOCOM. It's going to have lots of Zork, grue, and Double Fanucci trivia, and Double Fanuccimeisters are welcome!

Zork related h2g2 entries:
Grues: A843923
Hello Sailor!: A843833
Post here to get your zork entry added to the list!

Anybody who wants to join, or can give me tips on running a club, or using GuideML (I can't figure it out. HTML is better!) just post here.

I can provide more stuff about the history of Quendor (the land where Zork happens) than you ever wanted to know! I'm eventually going to put a Club Zork page on my website "http://nerd_42.tripod.com/" with more of the same. I'm part of a real-world group that is loosely refered to as "the New Implementors" (we're programmers) who hang out and are trying to write our own paper-based RPG.

Here are some totally froody INFOCOM related websites that I think everyone should have access to:
"http://infocom.elsewhere.org/" & "http://www.latz.org/infocom/" & http://quendor.robinlionheart.com/

You can play zork online in several various places, but this particular one a very very cool site: "http://thcnet.net/error/index.php"

Here are some nice telnet sites:
"telnet://nerd42.is-a-geek.net:4242" My mew MUD! It isn't up all the time just yet, but it will have a Club Zork area on the 19th floor of the H-shaped Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy offices building when I finish building the building and getting a good cheap MUD host.
"http://infocom.elsewhere.org/" (play infocom games.)
"http://towel.blinkenlights.nl/services.html" (watch starwars /w text. free.)

There are three rules in Club Zork:
1. Try and look up any Zork questions you ask in the Encyclopedia Frobozzica, availible from the Frobozz Magic Encyclopedia Company before you post them, because while H2G2 is very helpful on all matters concerning the Earth, the Encyclopedia Frobozzica is a more specialized rescource concerning the Lands of Quendor.
2. No Yak Faks are allowed in this club, and the INFOCOM newsletter will always be refered to as "the New Zork Times" and not "the Status Line" no matter what the Yorks say!
3. The less said about the Leather Godesses of Phobos, the better.

Here is a list of current members:

<choc> Lord Dimwit (Flathead, the Excessive) U208191
<elf>Lentilla (ASCII and ye shall receive!) U144292
<planet>Santragenius V (where the fish don't seem to care whatever the heck kind of direction they swim in) U62867
<fullmoon>Garius Lupus (A Very Nice Danger) U87448
<pirate>Buster (Arr!) U221331
<devil>Kudos (the ever-evil spike-headed alien) U150500
<clown> Aargain (Ruler of Gondor) U209856
<towel>Nerd42 (Eat your socks!) U203906

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A846867

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more