The h2g2 Post 24.10.11

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 24th October 2011

Excitement, Adventure, Really Wild Things

Greetings, h2g2 regulars! Welcome, new members! Welcome back, all you froods that got emails! This is the new h2g2 – owned and operated by Not Panicking, Ltd, and all its volunteers. This is me and you.

If you haven't been here for awhile, or if you're new, you might be wondering what to do next. (You also might be wondering about all those weird usernames. That's just Halloween anagrams. Ignore them, they'll go back to an approximation of sanity on All Saints' Day. We use the term 'sanity' loosely around here.) We have a few suggestions about how to use your copious free time:

  • Make a friend. Chat in a thread, visit a journal, read a personal space, leave a personal message. Lots of good people out there.
  • Write. Learn about the challenges on Create. Contribute to the ongoing Post challenges: The Post Olympic Time Travel Challenge needs you! Also, the The Post Art Challenge is calling to your camera. You know you want to. And do not forget the Guide, our reason for being: get those Olympic entries into Peer Review.
  • Read. That's what we're here for. There are over 10,000 entries in the Guide. Use the search button (it works!), or hit the Infinite Improbability Drive for a random treat. The Post has been confusing readers since 1999, and we're proud of it. Search our archives. Please.




The current issue is full of excitement, adventure, and really wild things, as usual. Tim Stevenson tells us about a new invention that's even more incredibly useful than a Babel Fish. Solnushka's got everything you want to know about NaNoWriMo. There are cool cultural items from Awix, Minorvogonpoet, Bel and h5ringer. There's a bit of nonsense from me, but I try to keep the filler to a minimum.


Enjoy the positive energy this week. Next week, the Post will present its, er, monster Halloween issue. smiley - evilgrin You have been warned. (Note to budding Stephen Kings: Send your scary story to us by clicking on 'Email the Post Team' below.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

READ AND LEARN

 

 
READ AND WRITE

  • Why Poetry?

  • Minorvogonpoet asks (and answers) the burning question.


 

  • NaNoWriMo

  • Solnushka gets the dope on the big writing project.


 
READ THE SIGNS

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A86746062

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more