Zastar Awards

1 Conversation

A while ago, while we were still in transition, Rod told us that he'd love to award a badge in recognition to all those who helped save h2g2. Below are his thoughts on the topic. A heartfelt 'thank you' from the Post Team for this sweet idea.

Zastar - Lifetime Awards

Some time ago, some of you may remember that, in reply to a prompt by me, Bel added 'Zastar' to her name for a while. That was a bit of silliness on my part – silliness, but with some underlying heartfeltedness – she being the editor and the one I was in contact with for The Post and therefore at the front of my front line.



...

Since the BBC told us "On Yer Bike!" we've found that Bel (plus a few others) is useful (Isobel necessary on a bike? Ho ho ho).

So, having trekked the deserts, negotiated the rapids and climbed the peaks we find ourselves here. Snug and comfy in our new home, perhaps feeling somewhat self-satisfied – smug, even, about it all and looking forward to more tweaks and features. Looking forward to fulfilling our potential as a power in the earth, for literacy.

Us I say, We I say.

Let us not, however, forget the dream of our founder and the efforts of those who brought it about.

Enough I say, enough! Let us not descend into that sickly sentimentality that no-one appreciates but the subjects. To the point:

Now I don't know the names of all the people involved – owners, committees, movers, shakers, sweepers, potwashers – there was so much happening that it was all too much for this boy of very little brain, and a little help will be needed (also, mayhap, a badge for their Personal Spaces?).

Upon you – all those of us who were instrumental in the process of getting us here from there – lose it or use it after your name as you will, I hereby bestow:

The Zastar Award, Life Membership.

I was awarded a Zastar

(you've earned it)...


Your everlovin' ever grateful

Rod

Go here for a list of all involved1.

Articles by Rod Archive

Rod

28.11.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1This list may not be complete.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87723958

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more