The Post 2Z 20.08.12. - 22.10.12

0 Conversations

The Post OfficeThe Post

Arts and Film | Artwork | Campaigns, Puzzles and Competitions | Cartoons | News, Sport, Science and Information
Regular Columns and Columnists | Serials and Stories - Fact and Fiction | Travelogues and Previous Columns | Post Pages
Back Issues

The forty-ninth page of Past Issue links with a brief description of some, but by no means all,
of
the excellent articles featured.



  • 20.08.12

    Awix reviews one of those Bourne movies, Phoenician Trader visits Durham cathedral, and you can test yourself on how well you recognise famous authors from their dust jacket photos!

  • 27.08.12

    Z counts the number of books in the "to read" mountain, Rod applies some statistical shuffling to the Olympic medal leaderboard, and Dmitri ponders Embassies.

  • 03.09.12

    The-jon-m makes a welcome return with not one but two articles: he unravels the complexities around railway networks and ticket pricing, and considers the impact of Lance Armstrong's fall from glory. If you're tempted to compete in the Tour de France, Dmitri knows how to deal with bicycle hair. And a different sort of hare is described by Willem.

  • 10.09.12

    Geggs rounds up all the August QOTDs. Meanwhile, Elton's been globe trotting - Amy Pawloski spots him in California, while Brown Furby follows him round Manchester.

  • 17.09.12

    Proving that the pun is mightier than the sore, jwf gives us Union Stationery. Bluebottle tests our knowledge of royal sex scndals, and Deke carries on paddling.

  • 24.09.12

    King Bomba plans to survive on war-time rations, minorvogonpoet finds maths in nautre, and benjaminpmoore wonders how to communicate pain.

  • 01.10.12

    Galaxy Babe remembers Neil Armstrong, Phoenicain Trader goes to see the famous window in York Minster, and Beatrice visits her talented offspring in that London.

  • 08.10.12

    Who said "Well a velodrome is the wrong place to look for a level playing field!"? Geggs knows, and all the other Quotes which have had their variable lengths of glory on the Front Page during September. Willem tells us about baobab trees - they're huge! And the Zens carve a pumpkin in their inimitable and loyal fashion.

  • 15.10.12

    Dmitri tests our knowledge of sleuths and their creators, jwf channels the spirit of William Blake, and Awix is unimpressed by Ruby Sparks.

  • 22.10.12

    Deke gets back on the Thames, minorvogonpoet imagines Athene in Nashville, and Solnushka issues a NaNo Challenge.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87766889

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more