Create's January challenge: Sailing ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings.

2 Conversations

The thing about Christmas is that like it or not, people give you presents. So I thought h2g2 might celebrate this fact, or at least put it to good use.


Create's January challenge, then, is all about things. Mainly reviewing things for the Edited Guide. It doesn't necessarily have to be a thing you got this Christmas, or indeed any Christmas. As long as it is, well, thinglike.



The Post is also interested in the stories of any adventures you have had while playing with any new things you might have acquired over the festive period.


What to include


Topics you might want to include in your review are:


  • the thing's history

  • a description

  • how the thing works/ how you use the thing

  • good points

  • not so good points

  • your overall opinion

  • how other people can get the thing



Of course, you don't have to cover all (or any) of these.


I have lots of things! Sign me up!



There is a sign up thread below for you to say what you have decided to write about and leave a link when you have written it. The place to submit any pieces for the Edited Guide is Peer Review, or the Edited Guide Writing Workshop if you'd like some writing help first.


The Post team can be contacted directly with submissions on postteamhg at gmail dot com.


Some examples to inspire you



Did you get someone this year's must have toy? Here's an entry we already have on the Furby.


Did your loved ones support your tech habit? Here's an entry about the Raspberry Pi.


Are you a gamer? Here's one about Age of Empires II: Age of Kings.


Perhaps you got a book? Here's a review of the Book Thief.





Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87781585

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more