Weather Predictions: Answers

1 Conversation

How's the weather outside?

Weather Predictions: Answers

We don't know if it will rain tomorrow, but we know the Prof won't take an umbrella.

Check your weather prediction knowledge here.

  1. According to British weather wisdom, what happens if it rains on St Swithin's Day?
    It will rain for 40 days after that. Whether you will need an ark or not is something we can't answer. Check out International Weather Wisdom.
  2. Why do Maine coon cats have all that fur?
    To keep out the cold. They're called Cold-Weather Adapted Cats.
  3. What did John Kettley do?
    Predicted the weather. According to the song 'John Kettley is a Weatherman'.
  4. What did the Askesian Society do for weather predictors?
    Named the clouds. Read about Luke Howard, the Namer of Clouds.
  5. What did Martha Walsh say it was raining in the 1970s?
    Men. She was part of The Weather Girls, was Martha Walsh, Singer.
  6. What is important about 2 February to people in western Pennsylvania?
    It's Groundhog Day. Meet you at Gobbler's Knob for some Iron City.
  7. If the sky turns green, what should you watch out for?
    Tornados. Of course, if you see a girl in red shoes with a small dog, you might take warning, as well. Forearm yourself with a copy of How to Survive Extreme Weather.
  8. If you spot cirrostratus clouds, what should you expect?
    Rain within two days. Let the Guide teach you How To Predict the Weather via Cloud Formations.
  9. Why did fictional lorry driver Rob McKenna know so much about rain clouds?
    He was a weather god. At least, according to Douglas Adams. McKenna knew lots about Rain. (And you can, too, thanks to the Guide.)
  10. According to the US Government, what crash-landed in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947?
    A weather balloon. That's their story on The Roswell Incident, and they're sticking to it.

How weather-savvy were you? Maybe you should apply to the local radio or TV station to replace John Kettley. You might meet Martha Walsh. Or at least get a free umbrella.

The British weatherman John Kettley.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

04.02.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87784140

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more