The Post Quiz: Vegetables in the Edited Guide

0 Conversations

It's summer, the courgette is on the vine. Check your knowledge of the healthy stuff.

The Post Quiz: Vegetables in the Edited Guide

Three courgettes / zucchini of different colours

In the US, 'Broccoligate' has erupted all over again, and with it, the never-ending discussion of which veggies are 'elitist'.

Back when George HW Bush was president, he caused a flap when he refused to eat broccoli. He said he didn't LIKE it, and he didn't have to EAT it, because he was president, so there.

The most recent uproar was caused when current president Barack Obama told a bunch of schoolchildren that his favourite food was broccoli. His political opponents accused him of lying to innocent children. But we suspect he really DOES like broccoli. Why not? It's tasty.

How much do you know about veggies? Check your knowledge here, with help from the Edited Guide.

Match the veggie to the relevant fact about it.

VegetableFact
Celery From Latin braccium.
BeetrootAussies call it
a pumpkin.
BroccoliAka zucchini.
RadishUsed to make sarmale.
YucaBeta vulgaris.
Butternut squashContains tryptophan.
CourgetteRoman aphrodisiac.
CabbageRed-skinned edible root.
Spinach5th Doctor's fave.
Asparagus'Boring', turniplike
root vegetable.

Think you harvested them all? Click on the tasty veg below for the answers.

Some beetroot.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

29.07.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87805209

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more