The Post Quiz: Our Solar System

0 Conversations

We live in the Sol System. How well do you know your neighbourhood?

The Post Quiz: Our Solar System

Io, the moon nearest Jupiter.

What? You aren't a little bit curious about the solar neighbourhood? What are you, a Flat Earther? Even your Editor can't buy into that tinfoil hat. It's ROUND, people. We know that. We've seen it on NASA TV.

The Edited Guide has a lot of space information in it. So if you've been keeping up, this quiz is a no-brainer. Yeah, we know Create is talking about Weather this month. We'll get to weather. But hey, the best place to observe rain clouds is from above the clouds. So take a stab at these questions.

  1. How many planets are there in the Sol system?.
  2. On Earth, you weigh 60 kilograms. How much do you weigh on the Moon?
  3. Can you snore in zero-g?
  4. Repeat after us, 'My very eager Miss Jones slipped upon Nancy's potato.' O-kayyy…what does that mean for Earthlings?
  5. What is the closest star to Earth?
  6. How much space dust falls on Earth every day?
  7. Bergen-Enkheim is a nice neighbourhood in Frankfurt, Germany. You could also get to Bergen-Enkheim by space probe. How come?
  8. The Mars rovers are busy sending us pictures of the Red Planet's surface. If they'd bothered to take a person along, what would he/she be breathing?
  9. What is the Eye of Jupiter?
  10. What is the furthest planet from Earth that can be seen without a telescope?

Whew! We're sure you knew all that. If you want to check – and read the snarky comments – click on the pic below.

A Game of Planet Snooker.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

07.04.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87826468

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more