June Create: A Look Back at the 20th Century

2 Conversations

We're citizens of the 21st Century now. Most of us are immigrants – we arrived from that other century, the 20th. But believe it or not, there are actually teenagers who never wrote a date starting with '19--'. They also don't know why we were all afraid of our computers on 31st December 1999.

Questions:

  • What do you think of the Old Century?
  • Was it mostly good, or bad?
  • Which parts were best, which worst?
  • What were the high and low points for you?
  • Were you excited by rock and roll, intrigued by the discoveries of modern physics, or angry at Mrs Thatcher's policies?
  • Did you have a favourite decade?
  • If you could take a Tardis trip back, where would you go?
  • The saying goes 'if you remembered the sixties you weren't there', but what do you remember, real or imagined?
  • Share your thoughts, memories, researches, oral histories, and pictures with us, either in the Post, or the Edited Guide. We really want to know: what is your verdict on the last 100 years?


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A87830436

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more