The Post Quiz: US Geography

0 Conversations

Turn about fair play: What do you Brits know about US geography?

The Post Quiz: US Geography

The star-spangled banner.

You've heard the saying, 'He can't find his head with both hands and a roadmap?' Or something like that. Could you find your way around the United States?

Try this quiz. Answer the simple questions.

  1. If you're in Portland and facing the ocean, which way are you looking, west or east?
  2. How long will it take you to drive from Bangor Maine, to St Augustine, Florida?
  3. Is it true that developers are planning to build a megamall in the Grand Canyon?
  4. What can you see if you stand at the base of Ruby Falls, besides water?
  5. How many countries border the United States?
  6. What is the highest point in the US?
  7. What's the deepest lake?
  8. If you're boating on the Mississippi, what state are you in, technically?
  9. Which land border is longer, the US/Canada or the US/Mexico?
  10. If you travel to the Texas Hill Country, should you go armed?

Got all that? If you've answered all of these simple questions correctly, you might get hired as a tour guide for clueless Brits. As usual, click on the picture for answers.

A bus travelling across North America
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

20.07.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87856771

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more