The Post Quiz: Collectibles - Answers

1 Conversation

Collectibles: Answers

It's funny what people will do with their free time and disposable income, innit? What's in your curio cabinet?

  1. If you bought Dark Shadows bubble gum back in 1968, what collectibles did you get? Vampire pictures. Really bad stills from the gothic soap opera. Oh, and some bubble gum.
  2. If you were a British kid in the 1960s, what did you say while wearing your collectible Dalek costume? Exterminate!, of course.
  3. What do you call someone who collects old banknotes? A notaphile.
  4. What do you call the hobby of coin collecting? Numismatics.
  5. What is a stamp collector called by the cognoscenti? A philatelist.
  6. What sewing item gets collected a lot? Thimbles. (Ask them why. You'll be there for a long time.)
  7. Some people collect an item that scares other people. What is koutaliaphobia when it's at home? Fear of spoons. (Yes, it's a thing. See Twitter.)
  8. If you are looking for a T206 Honus Wagner, what do you collect? Baseball cards.
  9. Snooty people collect snuff boxes. What do the more egalitarian collect? Snuff cans and lids. Cheaper and more colourful.
  10. If you lust after a Charizard, what are you collecting? Pokemon cards.

Why do people do these things? We don't know. But if you collect something interesting, let us know about it. We'd be glad to do a feature.

The Isle of Wight Postal Museum by Bluebottle
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

21.03.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87869182

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more