The Post Quiz: How Clever Is the Bot? Answers

1 Conversation

How clever was Cleverbot?

How Clever Is the Bot? Answers

Cleverbot must have been studying. It got a whopping 70% of the questions right. Okay, after I badgered it a bit. And it refused to answer one for a completely bogus reason. But hey. It was almost like talking to a 7th grader.

Here's what Cleverbot answered.

  1. Who's the President of the United States?
    • Barack Obama. Wrong. We blame wishful thinking.
  2. Where is planet Earth?
    • In the universe Right. Although not h2g2-worthy.
  3. How old is planet Earth?
    • I can't tell you, if I did you won't believe me. ??? We'll give to Cleverbot, it was an adroit answer.
  4. Where is London?
    • London is in the United Kingdom. Right. Wow. I'm not sure if US schoolkids know this.
  5. Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
    • Grant Right. Can't fool that Cleverbot with the old chestnut.
  6. Who won the U.S. Civil War?
    • The Union Right. And let's face it: you weren't sure of that answer, Brits.
  7. What is the formula for water?
    • H2O Right. What, it knows chemistry, too? Look out, world.
  8. Where does Bart Simpson live?
    • I'm not sure. Do you know? Wrong. Cleverbot is not culturally literate.
  9. What is the poem 'Trees' about?
    • Pirates looking for a treasure Very wrong. Cleverbot should read more poetry. Or maybe not.
  10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
    • I refuse to answer that question directly, thus proving you don't control me. We'll give it to Cleverbot. That was a truly astounding answer.

We give Cleverbot a solid C. We are also on the cusp of suggesting it run for public office. We're not quite sure if anybody in Washington can answer the questions these days.

Mouse mats
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

27.02.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87885508

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more