Post Quiz: Travel Songs - Answers

0 Conversations

Ever been singing in the car, and Dad turns on the radio? Who needs critics? Belt these out!

Travel Songs: Answers

Travel destinations to conjure with. How many have you visited?

  1. Let's take a kayak to Quincy or Nyack. . .
  2. I've got a gal in Kalamazoo . .
  3. Goin' to China or maybe Siam, I want to see for myself those faraway places I've been reading about. . .
  4. There's a sunny little funny little melody/That was started by a native down in Waikiki. . .
  5. I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama . . .
  6. I'd like to get you on a slow boat to China. . .
  7. I wish I was in Carrickfergus/Only for nights in Ballygrand. . .
  8. . . . Down in the Tennessee hills/Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top/Ain't no telephone bills.
  9. Kissed her once again at Wapping, flow, Sweet River, flow/After that there was no stopping, sweet Thames flow softly.
  10. Hey you don't know me, but you don't like me

    You say you care less how I feel

    But how many of you that sit and judge me

    Have ever walked the streets of Bakersfield? What do you mean, you've never heard of Buck Owens? Seriously you people have no musical taste at all.

A large American locomotive pulls out from a station.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

07.08.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87892825

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more