Post Quiz: Heroic Kids

0 Conversations

Let us praise awesome kids.

Heroic Kids

What do kids do? If you said, 'Play, goof off in school, watch television,' then count your blessings: you're used to a comfortable life. Other kids are less fortunate, and there have been heroes who did something to meet their needs. And believe it or not, some of these heroes were kids themselves.

Match these remarkable kids to their accomplishments.

  1. This 10-year-old girl became America's Youngest Ambassador after she wrote a letter to Yuri Andropov.
  2. This German Jewish girl wrote a famous diary during the Second World War that inspires people today.
  3. This 12-year-old boy who died in the Soweto Uprising in South Africa became a symbol of resistance to brutality and injustice.
  4. This 10-year-old escaped slave helped free over 3,000 other Pakistani children from bonded labour.
  5. The keynote speaker at the 13th International AIDS conference, this South African boy – who only lived to the age of 12 – represented the rights of those born with HIV.
  6. This boy was taken from his parents at the age of 5 – to work in the fields. He campaigned for child-friendly villages where children could be free in his native Rajasthan.
  7. This 16-year-old girl from Zambia led 60 children on a march – to find a school.
  8. A Taliban gunman tried to murder this young education activist. She received the Nobel Peace Prize at 17.
  9. This little girl only lived to be 8 years old. But before she died, she raised over $1 million for cancer research – with lemonade stands.
  10. He's grown up now, but when he was 6, this boy found out kids in Africa often had to walk kilometers for water. He raised the money for his first well a year later, and his foundation is still going.
  • Alexandra Scott
  • Nkosi Johnson
  • Ryan Hreljac
  • Iqbal Masih
  • Malala Yousafzai
  • Hector Pieterson
  • Om Prakash Gurjar
  • Samantha Smith
  • Anne Frank
  • Thandiwe Chama

Hard, right? We'll talk about that after you click the picture for answers.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

16.10.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87896722

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more