Post Quiz: Guess the News - Answers

0 Conversations

These days, almost nothing is impossible. Except maybe a day with nothing but good news.

Guess the News: Answers

Were you able to guess whether the weird news item was True or False? Now you will have more sympathy with journalists, and stop calling them names.

  1. The president of the US has acquired a pet armadillo named Alamo. The animal was orphaned in Hurricane Irma. So far, it has bitten him twice. False. The US president doesn't have any pets, which is why none have bitten him.
  2. A car factory in India was evacuated for 36 hours when a cat was spotted on the premises. True. The cat in question was a leopard.
  3. A daring prison break in the US involved the strategic use of peanut butter. True. They used it to change the door numbers in the cell block, thus tricking a rookie guard into unlocking the wrong door. No more peanut butter in that lockup.
  4. The Federal German state of Bavaria has outlawed the sale of Wolpertingers – artificial stuffed animals created by taxidermists – under a new 'truth in packaging' law. False. Are you kidding? The Wolpertinger is practically the Bavarian state mascot.
  5. Someone has photographed a ghost on the stairs at the Stanley Hotel in Colorado (US), model for the Overlook in The Shining. True. Well, it looks like a ghost to us. At least, on Halloween.
  6. A high school in Baltimore, Maryland (US) was evacuated by a hazmat team. The culprit odour in the school? Pumpkin spice. True. That stuff is everywhere.
  7. In Turin, Italy, two criminals wore masks of Vladimir Putin while robbing cash machines. False. Or, as the US president would say, 'Wrong.' They wore masks of Mr Trump, who appears to be more popular with bank robbers these days. Sorry, Mr Putin.
  8. A five-year-old boy in Tucuman, Argentina, swallowed a pet toy. His mom took him to the hospital because he couldn't stop squeaking. True. The accident, though not life-threatening, was pretty annoying.
  9. A man in Casper, Wyoming (US) was arrested for public drunkenness. His excuse was that he was time travelling, and aliens in the future made him drunk. True. We're not recommending you try this excuse out on the local constabulary, but we thought it was refreshingly novel.
  10. Freewayriding has managed to get a photograph of the Liverpool ghost named Betty. False. Alas, no. Our intrepid reporter was chased off the site by humourless security guards. We know she's there, though.

Do you wonder that newspaper readers don't know what to believe? The facts are stranger than the fiction by far.

A monkey reading a newspaper
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

30.10.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87897901

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more