A Conversation for Talking Point: Happy Birthday to Us!

Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 1

Eurovision_Host09

Hi guys! I used to be one of the hosts on here (for nearly 2 years, I think!) and I just wanted to pop back and say HURRAH for h2g2 reaching such a brilliant milestone.

As you can see, I'm now working on something *MUCH* more highbrow and intellectual - the site for this year's Eurovision Song Contest!

Well done to each and every member of the community, both now and in the past. The site simply wouldn't be the same without you.

Here's to the next 10 years...

Paully



Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 2

Natalie

Who?!! Never heard of you! smiley - smooch

Thanks, Paully! smiley - winkeye

(Can we possibly win Eurovision this year? Or was Katrina as good as it got?)


Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 3

Eurovision_Host09

Course we can win! With a song by Andrew Lloyd Webber (who's WORSHIPPED in the Eastern Bloc) and a nice generous 23rd out of 25 acts in the final, it's about the best chance we've had *since* Katrina.

I reckon Top 5 placing... (crosses fingers)

P


Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 4

Sol

Nonsense, we'll come last like we always do. Never buck tradition.

Although it's possible the Former states may vote for us to annoy the heck out of Russia if we manage to have another political spat with her before the show. On the other hand, they may just go with Georgia.


Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 5

Mu Beta

Speaking as a real expert (obviously in conjunction with Beatrice and Croz), I think I am quite safe in saying we have no chance. In fact I have a fiver on at 12/1 that we will come rock bottom.

Eurovision site? Bah! Everyone who wants to be seen will be on the askh2g2 thread on the night.

B


Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

You're right, B. I just hope the servers won't slow down again. smiley - biggrin

Hope to get a 'Mu Beta Does for Eurovision' for the Post again, too. smiley - ok


Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 7

Mu Beta

I actually do have a major problem that I've been invited to a birthday party that night. I shall have to see where my loyalties lie next week.

B


Happy Birthday from Don Paulione!

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, you know what I'd suggest you choose. smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more