h2g2 Post 28.02.02

0 Conversations


Posted: 28th February 2002

Editorial

Saddened by the news of the death of Spike Milligan and tuned in, as ever, to Radio Four whilst working on The Post, I was amazed to hear something which made me smile.

The 10 o'clock news had broadcast a short tribute to Spike which included him reading one of his own poems at the very end. The announcer then reported:
'That was Spike Milligan, who died today reading his own poem Tiger, Tiger'

How odd that the omission of a simple comma could change a sentence into a comic moment.

Have you visited The Post Archives recently? They really are starting to look quite impressive. If you are not sure what kind of material The Post is happy to feature, then these archives are the place to look, as well as checking out the Writing for the Post entry. Recent additions include 'Fiction and First-Person Stories Archives' and 'Stories and Articles about h2g2'. 'Vogon Poetry' gets its own section, splitting off from the 'Poetry and Prose' section and favourites from times gone by, including Fragilis, The Roving Reporter and One-to-One, as well as links to the elections for Mayor and President, are all updated and available for viewing.

Apologies come from Awix and sea - you will have to wait another week for their stories to continue!


shazzPRME

 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • More excellent picks from the AGG/GAG Team.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A687611

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more