A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 1

You can call me TC

At the moment I am looking at a practically completely white screen. Some of the writing on it is light grey. The window for posting is indiscernible (A white box against a white background.)

This is in Goo, in Firefox (not in IE - it's OK there). The goo blobs are still the right colour and size, and all the conversation pages are fine, but my Ps and all entries, the Front Page, etc, are half in Pliny. The font setting being still white (as in goo) there is even quite a bit of white-on-white. I have to mark it all with the mouse to be able to read anything.

Am I the only one with this problem. It turned up the day Pliny went live, and I thought it was just teething troubles, but that's a couple of weeks now.....



BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I'm using Goo and Firefox (12.0, Windows 7) but I haven't had these problems.


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 3

You can call me TC

I'm supposed to link to a screenshot but I'm not registered anywhere for uploading pictures and stuff. I have Firefox 13.0 in use, Windows 7 too. I'll trying loggin out and back on again.


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 4

You can call me TC

Back again. No difference.


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 5

You can call me TC

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51898453/myconv.docx

Ha! I've found somewhere to upload it to.


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 6

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Logging it - sorry I've been slow on that.

smiley - towel


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 7

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I fear that problems in the old skins are probably not possible to fix, but at least it's logged.


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 8

Pastey

Hiya, this isn't a bug as such, more of a "that's no longer working I'm afraid"

The urls to /MP# have been set to go to Pliny because rather weirdly they were telling search engines that the server was broken, even though it wasn't smiley - sadface


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 9

You can call me TC

I didn't get that, but I still get this "1 new post" thing, where the "new post" is my own - posted in some cases 15 or 20 minutes previously. So often my heart starts beating because I think someone has replied to my silly little post - only to go to the conversation and find I was the last one there. But I've reported that somewhere else.

Can you explain why Gosho gets the full goo skin whilst in Firefox and Windows like me? Is it the location of the server (me being in Germany, him in the States)


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 10

You can call me TC

Oh and thanks for looking into it, Pastey. I know you've taken it seriously, being a goo-ey one, too.


BR Goo in Firefox partly illegible

Post 11

You can call me TC

Wow! smiley - wow Everything's gooey tonight! I had to check I hadn't opened IE by mistake. Thanks smiley - tasmiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post