The h2g2 Post 13.02.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 13th February 2012

h2g2: Award-Winning Performance

When do skunks race in the Poconos?

February is Oscar month in Hollywood. They put on fancy clothes, give each other awards, and brag a lot while pretending to be modest about their 'superior' cinematic achievements. Bah. Every story, essay, cartoon, and photo piece in this week's issue is a winnah. Seriously. There's tons of cool stuff to read. Take the photo quiz. Marvel at Willem's reworking of an epic legend. See what Rod has to share, and what Bel has been up to. This is real Academy work.

I'm not sure what kudos will be awarded at the Manchester Meet, but I hear there will be Prizes. Check out our preview below, and be ready with your creative nametags.

Have a thought, photo, or local interest story to share? You know our gmail address – if you don't, click below.

As you might have noticed, even though tomorrow is St Valentine's Day (Shakespeare quote, there), there are no pink cupids on this page. There's no mushy stuff anywhere in this issue. This is because all the Guide Editors are boring old married people, and none of them mentioned it to me. Tells you where our heads are. If you're still young and romantic, please have fun, with our blessings. Someday you, too, will be old and posting pictures of skunk races.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE FULL MONTY

IF YOU LOVE THIS PLANET


 

 

THE USUAL SUSPECTS


 

 

IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87735072

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more