The Pan Galactic Gargleblaster

2 Conversations

There are quite literally dozens of recipes out there for this nefarious and legendary beverage, some of which are good, some bad, and some truly “out there.” I have tested out many of the recipes found online, and as such have enjoyed some, hated others and in some cases suffered the consequences. Being by trade a bartender myself I of course feel compelled to offer up my personal recipe. Let me preface my offering by saying that the Gargleblaster is not well known in the bars and pubs of the American west where I currently reside, and that asking for one in some areas can procure free of charge many strange looks, insults, and questions. The look of the drink alone may cause accusations pertaining to one’s lack of manliness, and the chance to fist fight if so inclined. I typically combat all the aforementioned simply by sending one down to the curios person in question. The bright green color seems to deem the beverage as “girlie,” that is at least until the audience to your choice of liquids finds out what is actually in it.

My recipe, 2012 Facebook Towel Day Ambassador approved:

In a tall shaker with ice combine:

¾ oz. Jack Daniels

¾ oz. Peach Tree

¾ oz. Amaretto

¾ oz. Gin

¾ oz Vodka

¾ oz. Triple Sec

¾ oz. Rum

¾ oz. Tequila

¾ oz. Blue Curacao

3/4oz Hypnotic

Orange Juice to fill

Shake contents, and pour into a pint glass with ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge and an olive….preferably suspended on a tiny umbrella, share and enjoy

 

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87771973

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more