h2g2's NaJoPoMo 2012

36 Conversations

Remember, remember last November?

November 2011 saw over thirty-five researchers undertake an endurance writing event, posting a journal entry for every day in November. In honour of the fact that others are attempting to write a novel in a month and calling it NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), we named this spectacle the h2g2 Nation’s Journal Posting Month, or NaJoPoMo.

Not all of us stayed the course. But many did, and all those that took part should be justly proud of the standard of posting. Those that succeeded, succeeded in style and those who didn’t quite make it to the end failed valiantly.

And so here we are in October already and we thought we would see who was up for doing it all over again.

Sign me up!

30 posts in 30 days. One post per day. That’s the commitment. There are no other rules. Well, there is one thing we will ask you to do: when you post, put 'NaJoPoMo' and your name and the date in the subject line.

As for where you should post, the 'default' choice is to use your journal, and start a new journal entry for each day. Other options have been discussed in the 'How shall we organise this?' thread below, however, and you are very welcome to use one of those if you would prefer. At some point we will start a thread below for people to come and leave a link to where they are posting.

Are you in? Please express your interest in the sign up thread below!

Roll Call

These intrepid researchers have already said they will give it a whirl:

2legs

BMT

Amy Pawloski aka paper lady

Heleloo

Z

AE Hill

benjaminpmoore

KB

Minichessemouse

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Beatrice

minorvogonpoet

HonestIago

Icy North

TC

deb

Galaxy Babe

Herenna

Solnushka

Vip

coelacanth

Recumbentman

hellboundforjoy

abbi normal

sprout

Rosie

Malabarista

Titania

Dr Anthea

paulh

LL Waz

MMF


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87773412

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more