How to Have Fun with NaJoPoMo: A Subversive's Guide

0 Conversations

Do you NaJoPoMo? Do you know anybody who does? Here's how.

How to Have Fun with NaJoPoMo: A Subversive's Guide

Wowbagger stuck in a pothole

Some of you already know this. Others may be wondering why the Front Page conversation list is full of weird acronyms. Every other conversation, it seems, starts with 'NaJoPoMo'. What gives?

NaJoPoMo is h2g2's contribution to the November writing craze. In a frenzy, our dedicated writers are pumping out daily journal postings. (That's the 'Jo' part. The rest of it we're not sure about.) 32 different (and boy, are they different) h2g2ers are keeping those posts coming. Some are doing them the regular way – as journals. Others are going whole-hog and using GuideML, with archives, even. Either way, there's plenty to read. Many of these journals are sane (well, relatively) discussions of current events or personal experiences. Others are. . . well, this is h2g2, after all: there are pop quizzes and serialised stories, a list of movies to watch, etc, etc, and etc. To read, scroll down to the bottom of the NaJoPoMo page, and read the link for the date, or check the Permalinks thread.

Obviously, if you haven't already started, you can't keep a daily journal. (Until next year, of course, put it on your to-do list. Your hootoo to-do list.) But you can still have some fun reading all this. How, you ask?

By commenting. Snarkily, if possible.

For example, egg Paulh on by reacting to the latest installment of his cliffhanger serial, 'The Perils of Paulh': 'Oh, gosh! I didn't think your wife-of-the-day could get more glamorous than the last one! Why don't you marry Bette Midler tomorrow?' Or some such. Icy North is dead easy to tease: just claim your answers are better than the real ones. You can always kibitz on your Editor's Freebie Film Tips by replying that they aren't worth what you're paying for them. You get the drift.

I don't know if the Create team are giving out badges for reading, but if so, Amy Pawloski is gonna win one. She's confirmed that she's read just about every post so far, by putting a note on each thread. You go, girl!

So what are you waiting for? November's passing, and you haven't read yourselves into a coma yet. Get clicking! And don’t spare the sarcasm.

Of course, alternatively, you can be all interested and insightful and caring and like that. . . nah. Leave that to the nice people, like 2legs.

Man in a hat that's got the word 'mad' emblazoned on it.

Writing Right with Dmitri Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

19.11.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87777175

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more