The h2g2 Post 14.01.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 14th January 2013

Up, Down, and Sideways

A picture of 'Buzz' Aldrin walking on the surface of the Moon taken by Neil Armstrong in July 1969. The view from your window may not look much like Buzz Aldrin's. But then again, we don't know where you live. Wherever you live, though, there you are – and you probably have something to say about it. Thus it is with our Post writers: Wherever they go, they observe. And then they tell us about it.

In this issue, we've got, in no particular order: space, the natural world, the unnatural world of people, the even more unnatural world of jwf's imagination, adventures in nature by Deke, forays into the archival past, journeys into the past of Smudger's memory, ventures into the cinema by Awix, news from BMT and Tavaron, rambles among the deer by Solnushka's kids, and practical advice from me. (Pah!!) benjaminpmoore will make you think again, and the Prof will make you hold your head, and Willem will make you gasp in awe. All is as it should be.

Coming up this winter: the Create folks still want you to write about what you're doing with those Christmas gifts. If you've got lots to tell, send your expertise over to Peer Review. Or mail us some of your more whimsical Stuff here to the Post.

I hope it stops raining in the UK, and warms up a bit in the US (there's no hope for Canada, just keep snowboarding, guys, and wait for the Spring Thaw). I hope our friends in the southern half of the planet aren't sweltering too much (envy!). Enjoy your week, your reading, and your adventures! And remember to tell us what the view is like from where you are.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

GOOD SIDES

UP- AND DOWNSIDES


 

DEPENDS ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT


 

 
IF I'VE TOLD YOU ONCE
ON A CLEAR DAY

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87779993

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more