The h2g2 Post 04.03.24

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 4th March 2024

This week's title is Cheers to That! Clockwise from upper left: Statue of a knight outside a castle, closeup of a glass of red wine against a warm, sunny background, a Scottish town with snow-covered hills in the background, a piece of beachwood with ear-shaped fungi, a snippet of an old book hinting that the proofreader is tired, yellow primula in bloom, a china plate with floral pattern, and a wide-angle view of the church of St Emilion against a blue sky dotted with clouds.

The weather's changeable these days. At my house, there's, 'Quick! It stopped raining! Take the dog out before it starts again!' In Scotland, Paigetheoracle's endured ice and flood in equal measure. Tavaron's busy spotting early flowers in Austria. FWR outwitted the weather by heading south. (He sent us pics.) Willem's making the most of the warmth of southern Africa by staying very busy on expeditions. (He'll get back to us soon.)

Our moods are changeable, as well. On the one hand, the planet's still spinning. On the other, the problems are enough to make our heads spin. Since we can't wave a magic wand and fix everything, we do what can: we notice things. Thanks to everyone who sends in their observations, their creativity, and their thoughts. It is much appreciated.

Do we have humour? We do. Some is old and involves banana peels and frustrated proofreaders. Some is nostalgic and will test your knowledge of Gilbert & Sullivan lyrics. Some is needlessly researched. Just be nice and laugh politely, please: it is the goal of h2g2's cartoonists to be tolerated. We ask no more of you.

Our novella-ists, however, want more. They want you to read. They want you to get excited about their plots. Okay, four of them do. In my case, I wouldn't blame you if you said, 'What plot?' I assure you that this week, in my story, something actually happens. Whether that something makes any sense at all is a question the kind reader will hopefully not ask. The other stories are moving along nicely. Go and appreciate.

Sun, rain, or snow: have a great week, wherever you are. And remember: keep your eyes and ears open and your recording devices handy.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Cover for The Building, DG's new book, available from Lulu.Cover for A Crime Has Been Committed, the latest omnibus book, available from Lulu.
Buy for yourself or
HooToo Fiction:
give as a gift!
(Click the pic.)
Best in the Galaxy!
(Click the pic.)


Quote of the Week: The existence and validity of human rights are not written in the stars. A large part of history is therefore replete with the struggle for those rights, in which a final victory can never be won. But to tire in that struggle would mean the ruin of society.


Albert Einstein

A caveman outside his cave.


March 2024 Create Challenge:
Where I Live


Video Extra:
Movement
(A note: If you can figure out why
this video got 795 views on Youtube,
please let me know.)
Click here in Ripley


GLIMPSES IN NATURE
African Pitta

African pitta by Willem.

FLASHES OF THOUGHT

THAT'S OUR STORY AND
WE'RE STICKING TO IT


Chapter 6
Natural Magic

Lives of the Gheorghenis by DG.

SCENIC AND OTHERWISE



China (Not the Country)
Briar Rose pattern by Paulh.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
TRAVEL AND TOURISM


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88045383

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more