Post 17822

Bluebottle

The spooky, apocalyptical, blood-red sky and sun:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906

<BB<

"What news story has caught your attention today?" thread

Post 17823

ITIWBS

New England* saying: "Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning." ...on account of the epic storms that typically follow, this is not a good time to put out to sea if one is in port, or try for port if one is already at sea.

There is also a classic painting of wild west art titled: "Cowboy Take Warning", depicting a cowboy leading his horse to higher ground, where there will be safety from flash-floods, under a blood red sky.

It is hard to credit that the sky can actually be blood red unless one has actually seen it.

The most recent occasion I've seen that here in the Colorado Desert, the housing development I live in was under a foot of watet in a flash flood the following night.

*New England: the continental USA south of the Saint Lawrence River and east of the Hudson River.

Post 17824

hammondorgan

What about the couple who had sex in a Domino's Pizza shop? Gives a whole new meaning to knocking at Domino's! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-41649812

Post 17825

You can call me TC

Did they have to wait so long for their pizza or something?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more