The Post Office
Welcome to the h2g2 Post!
It has been brought to the Editor's attention that for almost twenty years now, there has been a 'Home of the Post Office' page that was now not only woefully out-of-date and dispensing misinformation at an enormous rate, but byzantine in its construction. This is not terribly surprising: the web is 30 years old. We are going on 20. Finding this page was like stumbling upon a letter from George Washington in your grandmother's attic. 'Dear Carrie, No, I'm sure Martha doesn't know about us…'
So here's the new page. What do you need to know about the h2g2 Post?
- It's the ezine at h2g2.com. No, it is not h2g2's fridge door. We don't stick stuff in here that doesn't fit in the Edited Guide, no matter what the other Editors may think. The h2g2 Post is a weekly compendium of art, photography, cartoons, fiction, poetry, essays, videos, and anything else we can think of. Oh, and snark. It is an amazing collection of views from around our planet.
- Any h2g2 member can submit material. Our email address is postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com. Please send photos as .jpg files and text as .txt or .docx. If your Word program predates the Bush Administration, please use a Notepad, or simply paste the text into the body of your email. The latest Word program can't open documents from last century.
- The latest issue of the h2g2 Post can always be found by clicking on the tab at the top of the Front Page. Subscribing to the Post Announcements thread will get you a Sunday alert. The official publication date of each week's issue is Monday, but new issues usually appear around 6 pm GMT on Sunday.
- What else do you need to know? Oh, yeah. This magazine has archives. Twenty years' worth. You can ride back in the time machine and read to your heart's content. All for a free mouseclick.
- How do you like them apples?
And that, as Forrest Gump would say, is all we have to say about that.
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|I Have Stuff...for The Post...Writings...||2 Weeks Ago|
|E Mail Address||Jun 5, 2019|
|Removed||Mar 13, 2019|
|Potential post article||Oct 27, 2018|
|The history of h2g2||Feb 5, 2018|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|I can't even tell whih is th front, and which is the rear?||No Posting||2 Hours Ago|
|Absolutely fascinating!||No Posting||10 Hours Ago|
|Cinema Art||No Posting||10 Hours Ago|
|Thank you for enablingn the hundreds of characters under my skin||No Posting||10 Hours Ago|
|Do Humming birds mate for life - nah!||No Posting||10 Hours Ago|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Remembering RMS Titanic - Commemorating the Centenary of her Sinking
- Proms in the Park - Last Night 2000
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."