Colloquialisms, Slang & Humour
This is where you can find Edited Entries on the above Category
- 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us'
- 'Mardy' - A Wonderful Word
- 'Wlonk' - the Word
- Cup of Joe
- American Diner Slang
- American Slang
- An Anagram Entry: 'A Mean, Angry Rant'
- An Explanation of l33t Speak
- Antiquated Words and Phrases
- Australian Slang
- Cocking a Snook
- Cockney Rhyming Slang
- Common Irish slang
- Contradictions in Terms
- Damon Runyon: How to Talk Like a Gangster
- Dublin English
- English Slang
- Estuary English
- Gismos, Whatsits and Thingummy Doodahs - A Guide to Vague English
- Hard Boiled Slang
- How to Speak Brummie
- Idiot Stick
- Joe Magarac: Folklore Hero or Fakelore Satire?
- Legends of the Word 'OK'
- Logical Fallacies in Everyday Use
- Polari - the Secret Language
- Puns and Other Word Play
- Puns: A Practical Guide
- Selected Pretentious Literary Terminology
- South African Jargon - a Survival Guide For Visitors
- Expression 'Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Good-looking Corpse'
- Origins and Common Usage of British Swear-words
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Phrase 'as Mad as a Hatter'
- Word 'Y'all'
- There Ain't No Such Thing as a Free Lunch
- Tongue Twisters
- War Is Heck: Cursing Generals, Laconic Commanders, and the Swabian Greeting
- Witty Quotes
- Yogi-isms - the Strange Sayings of Yogi Berra
A to Z
Search the alphabetical index of Edited Entries:
0-9 = Edited Entries that do not begin with a letter
Infinite Improbability Drive
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."