Superman is a comic book character created in 1938 who featured in a series of short animated films. As these films were made during the Second World War, its impact can be seen in the stories told.
The works of JRR Tolkien describe the fictional world of Middle Earth.
This is inhabited by a number of different types of 'speaking peoples' -
those creatures gifted with intelligence. The Dwarves are a hardy race,
small and stocky. They are very strong and can endure great hardship
without much ill effects.
Newest Edited Entries
- Tolkien's Dwarves23rd February 2015
- Superman's Wartime Animation23rd February 2015
- Living on Jupiter16th February 2015
- 'The Lost World' - The 2001 BBC Adaptation16th February 2015
- The Mars/Barsoom Books of Edgar Rice Burroughs9th February 2015
- The Boscombe Police Box, Dorset, UK9th February 2015
- Alan Dean Foster - Author2nd February 2015
- 'The Lost World' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle2nd February 2015
- Willis O'Brien - Creator of Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World27th January 2015
- From Kolbasa to Grits: What's for Dinner in Space?3rd February 2015
- A87848996 - Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras. 16 Hours Ago
- A861220 - How to Pronounce Turkish 21 Hours Ago
- A87848220 - The Basic Battle Facts -- The English Civil War - Naseby Yesterday
- A882498 - The Monkey and the Coconuts - a Mathematical Problem 2 Days Ago
- A87847933 - Gnomon's Guide: Bray Head Cliff Walk, Wicklow, Ireland 2 Days Ago
If the weather outside is frightful, stay in with a hot beverage, and read the Post. Oh, you're in the tropics, and it's warm? Take your electronic device to the beach, and read us there. What? You're in Australia, and it's blazing hot? Lie down in the shade, cobber, and...you get the idea. The h2g2 Post: no matter how bad climate change gets, our combination of thoughtfulness and barely-controlled insanity is just right!
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: So, where is everybody?
From: Ask h2g2
2 Hours Ago
Posted to: Cake in the Post
From: Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O.er C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild.A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D..then again S.N.A.F.U.
2 Hours Ago
Posted to: as mad... as.... hmmm...
2 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."