You're exploring a residential neighbourhood in Brooklyn, New York, when
you hear 'boc boc boc boc buh-GAWK!' You shrug, thinking that either
you're hearing things, or else someone has their TV up rather loud. You
continue exploring, and stop to admire an adorable playhouse. Out of
which comes a... chicken?
Author: Amy Pawloski
It was only when English astronomer Edwin Hubble published his work on
the Andromeda Galaxy in 1929 that the correct description of 'spiral
galaxy' was bestowed upon it for the first time in over 900 years of
Author: Galaxy Babe
Newest Edited Entries
- The Andromeda Galaxy (Messier 31)29th June 2015
- Backyard Chicken Coops: An Urban Surprise29th June 2015
- How the Swordfish Won the War22nd June 2015
- Kurt Gerstein: God's Spy in the Devil's Uniform22nd June 2015
- Love Must Advertise: The Sayers/Cournos Romance15th June 2015
- The Watercress Line Mid-Hants Railway15th June 2015
- Gandalf the Grey - Fictional Wizard8th June 2015
- The Disney Princes8th June 2015
- How Do You Sleep at Night with Copulating Insects - The Lennon/McCartney Lyrics War1st June 2015
- Margaret Bulkley aka Dr James Barry - Pioneering Surgeon1st June 2015
- A87852478 - Birkenhead Priory, Wirral, UK 6 Hours Ago
- A87849319 - Little Hagia Sophia Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey 8 Hours Ago
- A87823759 - The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1980-1989 17 Hours Ago
- A87849616 - Massy's Wood Walk, Dublin Mountains, Ireland 4 Days Ago
- A87847384 - The Dolmabahce Palace, Istanbul, Turkey Last Week
July coming up! The Post ponders the mysteries of nature, space, and the imagination. As usual, we look to the past, the present, and the future for our material, as we roam the planet and study the stars. Come join us!
Posted to: Subbing chickens
From: Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'
9 Minutes Ago
Posted to: What Films have you seen recently?
From: Ask h2g2
10 Minutes Ago
Posted to: I'm sure they wouldn't.
From: Robert E Lee and His Pet Chicken - A Study in Southern Gentility
53 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."