The American Astronaut (2001) is a black and white independent film.
Written, directed and starring Cory McAbee, it is a highly-imaginative
zany science-fiction musical. Audiences today are used to science
fiction with high production values and a broad, epic sweep, but this
film shows that it is possible to make an epic science fiction film in
the 21st Century with effects limited to paintings and a bucket of sand.
Irish Round Towers are distinctive mediaeval buildings which were
erected in Irish monasteries between the 9th and 12th centuries. Made
from grey stone, the towers are tall, slender, and as the name suggests,
Newest Edited Entries
- Irish Round Towers1st September 2015
- 'The American Astronaut' - the Film1st September 2015
- The Arklow Pyramid, Wicklow, Ireland24th August 2015
- Sudley House, Liverpool, UK 24th August 2015
- The Schlieffen Plan17th August 2015
- Mary Croghan Schenley: Love and Real Estate17th August 2015
- The Perseid Meteor Shower10th August 2015
- The Isle of Wight's Round the Island Cycle Route10th August 2015
- Actors, Petroleum, and History: John Wilkes Booth and the Dramatic Oil Company10th August 2015
- The Sinking of the Shinano7th August 2015
This week, it's all about farming at the h2g2 Post. We have thrilling accounts of chicken racing and dragging with lawn tractors. We have a dire warning about the dangerously addictive nature of poultry raising. We take a look at holidays on an old-fashioned Austrian farm, while finding out what it's like to be a virtual goat. They haven't done much planting in space yet, but when they do, Galaxy Babe will find out about it...Come enjoy our harvest of great stories and photos!
Posted to: Glendalough
From: Irish Round Towers
23 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Girls Vs Boys
From: Games Room
3 Hours Ago
3 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."