Throughout history, people have found various ways to express themselves through their clothes and behaviour. One such group of people, known as Dandies, have existed since at least the 18th Century.
The cardinal rule for any motorist is always to be able to stop
safely and under control within the distance we can see to be clear. So what's the big deal? Quite simply, we are not trained to be observant.
Newest Edited Entries
- The Evolution of the Dandies2nd May 2016
- Advanced Driving - How to Improve Observational Skills2nd May 2016
- Penguins for Neighbours - the Post Office at the End of the World25th April 2016
- The League of Nations25th April 2016
- The Great Nappy Debate 18th April 2016
- Bach's Mass in B Minor18th April 2016
- 'Desert Bus for Hope' - Charity Video Gaming Marathon11th April 2016
- The North Yorkshire Moors Railway11th April 2016
- Towel Day25th April 2016
- 'Despicable Me 2' - the Film4th April 2016
- A87871387 - The Peak District in the UK - a Walk from Glossop to Hadfield via Bleaklow Yesterday
- A87871378 - The Lewis Carroll Centre and All Saints Church, Daresbury, UK 3 Days Ago
- A87870261 - The 'Star Trek' Guide to Interspecies Mating 3 Days Ago
- A87863052 - Tolkien's Elves 4 Days Ago
- A87871305 - Port Sunlight River Park, Wirral, UK 5 Days Ago
May is here in all its wonder, inspiring the h2g2 Post to joyful madness. That's our story, and we're sticking to it. The oryx leaps. The bicycle, er, hangs there. A horse waits patiently for its moment of martial glory, while films wait to be seen and appreciated by the likes of our tolerant readers. There's lots more where that came from, so come on in and enjoy!
Posted to: Pesky Groundhogs.
From: Buna seara: Enter of Your Own Free Will
40 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."