Look up into the sky at night, and you will see stars of different colours. Unlike the rainbow, there are two noticeable colours that you won't find in the stars: green and violet.
Baked, boiled, mashed, or fried: the tasty potato is inseparable from the modern idea of good European cooking. But it was not always so.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Newest Edited Entries
- The King of Prussia and the Potato Edict of 175627th August 2014
- Why are there no Green or Violet Stars?27th August 2014
- Doctor Who Enemies: Homo Reptilia18th August 2014
- Williamson Art Gallery and Museum, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK18th August 2014
- Abraham Lincoln, the Funniest American Politician11th August 2014
- Battlestar Galactica - the Re-imagined TV Series11th August 2014
- The Massacre of Sir Edward Woodville's Isle of Wight Army at the Battle of St Aubin8th August 2014
- 'Basil the Great Mouse Detective' - the Film4th August 2014
- Zetans: the UFO Legend and Betty Hill's Star Map5th August 2014
- John Muir - Conservationist28th July 2014
- A87834793 - The Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, UK 3 Hours Ago
- A87835396 - The Ordnance Survey 5 Hours Ago
- A87822264 - How to Make a Proper Russian Table 7 Hours Ago
- A87831624 - Kaffe Fassett - Artist and Knitter 9 Hours Ago
- A87829159 - The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1990-1999 Yesterday
The Post rounds out a month of unusual meetings with some fascinating characters from fiction and reality. Join us as we ask: why do such unusual emails turn up in the Post inbox, and what does this inspire us to write about? There's some beautiful wildlife and fun things to do and know.
Posted to: He said Captain, I said...
From: At Home With Sho
15 Minutes Ago
Posted to: kebab....
33 Minutes Ago
From: Games Room
34 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."