Travelling on the common side

0 Conversations

There seems to be a certain dispute as on which side of the road to travel.

You Earthlings should take an example to the Vogons. They travel the hyperspace bypasses in the middle, avoiding each other by looking the other way. Perhaps the state of non existance by travelling at hyperspeed also contibutes to the safety and makes it a little harder to do by road travelling.


Should it matter if you travel in your right or would you rather be left out? (babel fish confusion).

Why walk on any specific side, you should travel on the common (not specifically left or right) side. By travelling on the common side you are confirming to the appointments you have taken to form a community. By travelling on the other side you are in control so you should take measures to avoid any doubt or problems.


The other day I was driving my bike on a cycling path. Two runners approach, one on each side at the passing. I just keep on the common side, far enough for the wrong side to choose common side, or to pass if not. Something struck my jaw and broke it, if it was a meteorite it must have just missed the wrong side runner.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1058195

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more