Folders

0 Conversations

Folders are fun!

Folders are pieces of flat material capable of substatial wear and tear. They are spread at any occasion where people could be interested in the product they promote.

How are folders folded? Most common they are just one sheet folded once trough the middle. The more sophisticated folders try to keep you curious by being folded twice. This is to hide the center part as long as possible.

How manifold can a folder be folded? Depends on the material but none sheet of whatsoever material can be folded (and stay in one piece) more then seven times double. (Just keep folding in half each time.) This has to do with taking the power of folding. By each folding you double the number of layers to be folded.

How many dimensions does a folder have? Most folders stick to three dimenensions there is one case most people will leave in doubt.
Take a sheet of paper cut it in from one short side approximately at one quarter from the long sides. Cut it just up to the middle of the length. Cut on the other short side in the middle, also to the middle of the length.
Now align the cut in the middle to the edge of the table. Fold the part half resting on the table at the center line over the folder.
Turn the folder upside down and repeat this fold for the other side.
Carefully place the folder on the table and expand the folds to a right angle. You will notice it has two parts resting on the table and one standing in the middle. If you used a two sided blank folder you will see an inpossible shape. As if you cut out two strips and invisibly glued them together.


'drawing' of folds < A2364437 >

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1090207

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more