The Caped Confuzzler

0 Conversations

The Beginning - Part 2

Keith had noticed the effect of that science experiment on both the teacher and his friend, John. He wondered if there might be a good use for something that made people feel so distracted that they would instantly forget whatever was making them tense. The idea of helping people was very appealing. He went to bed thinking about his future because the next day would be Career Day.

Career Day at the school was always rather boring. The same information was there every year. Keith had seen the brochures before. Nothing was interesting. Still, he had to be interviewed by the guidance counsellor like everyone else in his class.

'It says here your name is Keith Art,' said the guidance counsellor.

'Yes, sir,' replied Keith.

'I've read your file. What type of career have you considered?' queried the guidance counsellor.

'Comic book hero,' answered Keith.

'You mean cartoonist?'

'No, I guess I meant, um... law enforcement or something,' spluttered Keith.

The guidance counsellor handed him a few brochures and a couple of forms. ,As Keith left the office he could not help but feel that the meeting did not go well at all. Instead of turning in the forms from the guidance counsellor, Keith decided to work towards a chemistry degree. The idea of solving the puzzle of that 'failed' experiment that was worth 100% motivated him to focus on his studies.

Somewhere far, far away, on a distant planet... well, ok, I lied, it was two blocks away, but it sounded good, didn't it?

Unbeknownst to Keith or anyone else, the Dark Lord, Rational, was attempting to take over the universe by forcing everyone under his power to use facts and logic... cold, hard facts and rigid logic, thusly, leaving no grey area for emotional reactions. Early in his rise to power, last Tuesday in fact, he had persuaded a talented psychiatrist, Dr Samuel Ane, to assist him in the removal of emotions from the world. The now-corrupted psychiatrist is known as Dr Sane. His mission: cure the 'insanity' of patients who feel things too deeply. It said so right there on his business cards. The dark cloud of seriousness was spreading across the universe, or at least across the table at the diner.

Meanwhile, on the planet Confuzzle, chaos and silliness abounded. In other words, it was business as usual. The natives of the planet Confuzzle are a bit unusual. A Confuzzlite is incapable of thinking in terms of black and white. In fact, they operate on such a level of fuzzy logic that it makes them incredibly compassionate, warm, fuzzy, cuddly and very silly. They also grin a lot. It may be something in the water.

The Caped Confuzzler Archive

Evangeline and
Cal Fortuneswell

04.05.06 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A11448461

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more