add to communication

0 Conversations



add to communication

reading this page

"How would you call this kind of conversation?"


Nephew Who tapping on his console scanning for dictionaries

"Yeah, I am really curious what kind of communication this is. It is not a dialog as there is just one researcher involved, I guess."


Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head

"Now you got a point, we are not really one researcher, we are just the collective thoughts of a few people."

wondering what to do, quit reading or too curious to stop

"But all these people are in one head, was it not, being schizophrenic?"


Traveller in Time feeding smiley - tit some fresh bugs

"Also close to the point, we are the persona of a schizophrenic researcher, reflecting conversations of that researcher with other people."


Nephew Who taking a paper dictionary from the shelf

"Hmm, still not got any closer to the topic. I get the impression you just write to fill the space. Is that it?"


Traveller in Time walking to the colour of day

"Yes and no. The main reason to start multi persona postings has to do with the lack of bandwidth."

just read some journals

"That is why you ordered for a broadband connection?"


Traveller in Time adjusting some colours using a cuttlefish

"Nope, I mean bandwidth in writing, you can not write anything that can not be interpreted another way. We try to enhance an environment in such way we create context for our sayings."


Sailor in Time splicing some lines together

"You       mean       some       thing       like       this?"

          he             is         hold          ing       up           his       ropes

"  As         you         can           see       the       knots       are           not       regu       lar."


Traveller in Time trying the moves with his fingers, they get stuck
"I think of it as the old ladies on their tea party. Chattering through each other sometimes listening and most times just talking. They all tell stories and lessons as perhaps one of the others is actually listening to them. Listening is something like tuning in into a communication stream. Nearly no posting is continous there are gaps inbetween, sometimes hours or days, sometimes simpost. I want to fill the lack of continuity by producing something of an environment"

smiley - titsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote   smiley - musicalnote
smiley - fish translatlets from somewhere near the equator
"We all have some speciality, I love these bugs, Who builds, Traveller creates, Cheif reads a lot and compresses, smiley - fish translates, Sailor is a raw guy cleaning anything, Snack is just starting his advertisement campaign, the Winkles are smart and one 'We are Susan join us', the parrot is just noisy."

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1157889

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more