h2g2 Post 16.10.03

4 Conversations


Posted: 16thOctober 2003

Editorial

Welcome back - all those of you who made it!

Didn't we have a lovely time

The day we changed the system!

First we logged in

And then got locked out

And all for just a moment or two...

Where was I? Oh yes, the introduction of the new SSO method of accessing h2g2 and all BBC sites. It certainly caused a few headaches and gave Jim Lynn and the Management Team late nights but now seems to have settled down. Of course, this being h2g2, panic was kept to an absolute minimum. The ACE's, as usual, performed admirably and could even joke about all the doppelganger accounts that mysteriously appeared. So, welcome back - whoever you are.

Did you uncover the theme last week? It was featured in the Cat-egories cartoon and quite a few of our regular columnists manage to include 'forebears' - or an interpretation of it - within their offerings. This week we challenged them with two words/themes, both of which are relevant to events happening this week. If you think you know the answer(s) then please do let us know.

We are running out of poetry! If you enjoy writing poems, prose or Vogon poetry then do get in touch and we'll consider featuring it in future editions.

This edition is a little smaller than usual - probably due to the log-in troubles mentioned above - but we still have plenty to stimulate the mind and tickle the imagination. Of special interest is the start of a new Sports Column by Red Kite and a report and competition based on the recent Dutch Meet.

ShazzPRME


FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1161640

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more