h2g2 Post 20.11.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 20thNovember 2003

Editorial

Winter Draws on!

After the intense heat of the recent summer I was expecting a much quicker descent into the forthcoming winter. So far we have only experienced a very light frost, about two weeks ago. Since then, the temperature has stayed remarkably mild - albeit with a fairly stiff breeze which I have come to think of as the penalty for living in a flat land which lies, for the most part, under sea level.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about the weather. I want to draw your attention to some important upcoming events. First on the agenda is the 4th birthday of your very own Post. This falls on December 4, which just happens to be close to the time when Dutch families celebrate the visit of Sinterklaas. Because both Christmas Day and New Year Day fall on a Thursday we have decided to award our hard-working staff a short holiday. This means that we are kicking off the traditional Post Christmas Poetry Competition a little earlier this year. If you enjoy this form of writing then do check out the article in this edition and get creative! Of course, we always welcome your contributions, whether topical or not, but are especially keen to make both our birthday edition and the Christmas Edition - on the 18th December - extra value. If you have seasonal offerings please contact a member of the staff via the Post Office or email.

This week we see the return of Verc with a new serial, but lament the absence of Wowbagger who has gone into hibernation. Sadly spimcoot is without internet access so he, too, has been away for quite a while. If any of our readers think they have the talent to run a short cartoon strip then we would be happy to hear from you.

ShazzPRME


 
FICTION
 
 

  • Drive

  • The Final Part of Kate Schechter's Story

CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Amazingly Artful A-Words

FEATURES
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A1161695

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more