police stuff and guff

2 Conversations

Rules


There are definitely rules. And a lot of them aren't exactly written down and circulated like law ought to be, but they apply none the less. Follow the rules and you're much less likely to get in big trouble. It can often be possible to keep creating some trouble, and at the same time avoiding serious consequences, by following the rules. Or at least pretending to.

Rule 1 - Honesty

Honesty is a good idea because if you lie and you are in undeniable big trouble it will make things so much worse. Some simple examples:

  • if you are breath-tested and asked your name and address just to give them something to test on that odd little machine that is probably collecting your dna for evil experiments give them your real details. If for some reason you do come back positive you will have to pull over and produce ID, specifically your driver's licence. If that doesn't match what you told them you are in heap big trouble, and no matter how innocent you are you are almost guaranteed a trip to the station in a fast car with lights and sirens (and that is not a good thing)
  • if you are stopped when driving for some reason don't tell them you are reading a map when there is not one in the car. If nothing else it makes you look like a git. (apologies to hardlabour for blatant plagiarism)


Back sometime soon with more - no doubt when I ought to be studying for my law exams, so probably very soon indeed. arrrggghh


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A178238

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more