Redditch, Worcestershire, UK Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Redditch, Worcestershire, UK

6 Conversations

Redditch is a small town in Worcestershire, England. Although it's been around for at least a couple of hundred years, it has achieved 'New Town' status because developers have built a lot of extra houses in it over the last couple of decades. There are now more new housing estates than old town. The roads between the estates have been designed, in theory, with cars in mind, with lots of dual carriageways. However, most people who live in the town reckon that Redditch is impossible to drive around, largely because of the driving of the other people who live there. It is also virtually impossible to walk from place to place unless you live in the old town area, because of all the dual carriageways.

Redditch has no stately homes, castles, zoos or similar places of interest. However, there are a couple of parks, a museum, and a tenpin bowling alley.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A192629

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more