The Tale of Three Weapons

0 Conversations

Swords

Chapter Six - Xeros

'Xeros!' they whispered.

Josh spoke up. 'Yes?'

'Good, come in.' They walked in.

'What's the job?' said Rastlin, recovering from his surprise.

'There is a certain dark rock titan that's trying to get this.' Xeros reached down under his desk, giving Josh a chance for a quick look. The room was much like the last room, except for two things: a desk in the middle of the room, and a trap door which was most likely to keep cool drinks at hand, since the earth was usually cooler than the air.

Xeros brought up the trophy from the tournament. 'He believes that he should get this, since he was on the list as paired with me, although it was me who faced all of the combatants.

'I see,' said Josh, thinking of the battles.

'May we see the contract, sir?' asked Rastlin.

'Of course,' said Xeros, taking a piece of paper. If Josh and Rastlin had watched carefully, they would have seen a flash in the underground cooler.

'Here,' said Xeros, bringing up the contract.

'I don't really like this fine print,' said Rastlin.

'I have to agree, sir. The "die if mission is not completed in 30 days" is kind of, well, harsh, to be blunt, sir.'

'That is to make sure you are professionals,' said Xeros with a evil smirk.

'We will have to discuss this, sir,' said Josh.

Josh and Rastlin left the room. Josh put up a thought, sound, and viro shield (viro shields blocks the vibrations that the sound shields don't).

'Well?' asked Rastlin.

'Do we really have a choice?' asked Josh back.

'I guess not. But let's make sure we at least get enough money,' said Rastlin.

'Then it's settled,' said Josh.

The Tale of Three Weapons Archive

Josh_Master_of_the_Staff

08.02.07

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A19590357

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more