The Tale of Three Weapons - Chapter 7

0 Conversations

Swords

The Journey Begins

'This is not good,' said Rastlin, walking along the sandy desert path.

'Almost as bad off as when we started,' said Josh.

'Well, now that we're a ways off from the city, we can look at the map he gave us the spell for,' said Rastlin.

'Okay,' said Josh he whispered some incomprehensible words and a map appeared in his hands. 'Okay, looks like we can make it there by nightfall if we only stop for lunch.'

'Speaking of lunch...' said Rastlin.

'Okay,' said Josh, 'it's about noon. Let's stop here. We can eat under that tree over there, since it's the only shade for miles around,' said Josh.

'What do we have?' asked Rastlin.

'Wait a sec — we have to look at our briefing while we eat,' said Josh, taking out a piece of paper from his pack and opening it. 'You read it, Rastlin.'

'Okay,' said Rastlin. 'It says the stuff the contract told us. You know, 30 days, and even worse how we don't get paid beforehand, so we only have 21 days' supplies... we already know his details... okay, here's the important stuff: first his weak point is... very unusual....'

'Where?' asked Josh, taking out some plain wheat bread.

'It's his... heart.'

'That is very unusual. Titans are usually strongest there, since that is their source of life.'

'That's it though, Josh. Is that what I think it is?'

'Yep,' said Josh.

'Beer!' said Rastlin excitedly.

'From the boss's own stash!'

'Guess he didn't expect that....'

Josh and Rastlin ate lunch then, continued the journey.

'We're almost there,' said Josh. 'I can see it now.'

'Okay, let's hurry.' They entered the town. 'Let's head for the hotel.'

On looking in the door, they saw Ragnar.

'This shouldn't take too long,' whispered Rastlin to Josh.

'Just don't get cocky,' whispered Josh back while pulling Rastlin out of the doorway. 'We'll need to wait for him to go to sleep. Let's have our dinner — we'll just have the leftovers from lunch.'

Everything was dark. They almost seemed to float across the floor as they went to the room that they heard to be Ragnar's. No one was awake. Josh nodded at Rastlin, who used his lockpick to unlock the door. They looked in and saw Ragnar.

The Tale of Three Weapons Archive

Josh_Master_of_the_Staff

22.02.07 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A20060092

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more