Oxford Meet :: Spring Edition :: February 21st, 2004

4 Conversations

The Oxford Meet 2003 was a wonderful occasion which all claimed to have enjoyed immensely, despite many attendees having to leave early for whatever reason. A few people seemed to agree that we just couldn't wait a whole year before doing it all again, so we're doing it all again on Saturday, February 21st 2003. Why then? It's the second Saturday of the school half-term and the other option clashed with St. Valentine's Day.

We'll be starting the day officially at 3pm in George & Danver's Ice Cream Café, which is at 94, St. Aldates, Oxford OX1. How long we stay there depends largely upon whether there are any attendees who have to stay clear of the pub - if you can't go to the pub or don't want to for any reason, please mention this at some point in your RSVP message.

Since this is a small-ish minimeet at what is admittedly an unusual time of year, the plan is basically that there will be someone at the train station from 2pm, and hopefully something can be arranged if anyone is travelling in by bus - see Megabus.com for fares from London starting at £1 each way if you don't mind sitting on a double-decker bus all the way from the capital.

The person at the train station will be wearing an h2g2 t-shirt, and should, therefore, be easy enough to spot.

If you are interested in coming to the Meet, then please post in the RSVP thread below!

Probable attendees

Possible attendees

And what about you, ? smiley - winkeye

Now for the usual stuff that you always have to have on Meet pages. Firstly, a couple of the golden rules: No overnight accomodation is available - if you need some, then book some. If not, then make sure you know the time of your last bus/train/spaceship home. Lastly, no under-18s are permitted to drink alcoholic beverages, and the policy regarding 14-17 year-olds attending the pub depends on where we end up, but in any case, they'll be sticking to the soft drinks.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2013300

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more