h2g2 Post 04.12.03

6 Conversations


Posted: 4thDecember 2003

Editorial

The Post is 4!

When we started this little venture way back in 1999 I can honestly say that I thought it may last for a few weeks - a few months possibly. I certainly didn't envisionage it lasting for four years, nor that I would still be managing editor. Mind you, back then, I also hadn't considered that I would move to the Netherlands. Time flies when you're having fun.

Of course, all this is only possible with the support of our wonderful contributors. Words cannot express how grateful we are to everyone who takes the time to write a column, draw a cartoon or artwork, send in an occasional item or those who take the time to read and sometimes provide feedback. This truly is a community effort.

On the h2g2 news front an exciting writing project has just started. Run by Master B, it seeks to produce entries for all the events mentioned in We Didn't Start the Fire, the song by Billy Joel. If you fancy writing a shortish entry on subjects as diverse as Stalin, Liberace or Alabama then check out the Project in Planning page and sign up. There are over a hundred items to choose from although some have already been snapped up. If fiction is more your thing then please note that Fiction Central has been taken over by Verc and HPB.

Talking of writing, don't forget that the deadline for The Post Christmas Poetry Competition is 9th December (next Tuesday). After that you will be given the chance to vote for your favourite.

The themes last week were 'Care' and 'Thanksgiving'. Apart from the annual turkey-fest in the US it was also 'Family Caregiver Week' and 'National Home Care Week'.

Finally, please give a round of applause to Deus ex Machina who has acquitted himself admirably during his tuition weeks and can now drop the 'in training' from his name. So welcome Assistant Deputy Editor Deus - maybe he will be writing an editorial to you all soon!

ShazzPRME

Graphic by Wotchit

 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Bemusing Beatle Beats

FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
Graphic by Wotchit
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2035630

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more