A Tale of Three Weapons - Chapter 11

0 Conversations

Swords

The Tale Begins Anew

'Wow, so these,' said Rastlin.

The door opened. Josh nodded at Rastlin and they crawled away.

At the inn in their room, Josh said solemnly, 'These are the others.'

'What do we do?' asked Rastlin.

'Well, we need to train somehow,' said Josh.

'But first,' said Rastlin, 'we need to get away from Xeros.'

'The mountains, my homeland — we need to go there. It is the most desolate place within our range of travel that has wild food to eat. It is within 20 miles of here. If we walk fast then we can get there in a day or two.'

'Sounds like our best chance,' said Rastlin.

'Okay then, looks like we have a plan for now,' said Josh.

'But what if Xeros suspects us?' said Rastlin.

'I don't think he knows we are here yet, just the weapons,' said Josh. 'But just in case, we should take watches and start early in the morning.'

Little did they know that Xeros was preparing to fight — but fortunately he was still clueless as to who he was fighting...

'Okay, I think I have enough energy to cast one medium-range teleport spell,' said Josh the next morning. 'First I'll gather up our supplies.'

Swirling smoke and lights surrounded them they appeared about 10 miles away.

'Okay, that will definitely make it a one-day trip!' said Rastlin.

'First a break and something to eat and drink,' said Josh.

'Okay,' said Rastlin, fishing around in Josh's pack. Josh carried most of the food, since he didn't trust Rastlin with it. 'Okay, early breakfast it is, then. You can see how far we went, and I wonder how Xeros is doing now that we are gone.'

'Let's just have lunch now and think. Later I think I can manage a lesser long range,' said Josh, between pants.

After lunch, they travelled the last 10 miles in complete peace. Huge mountains loomed in front of the duo.

'My mountains!' said Josh excitedly.

'Okay,' said Rastlin, 'since you know the way better, you lead.'

The Tale of Three Weapons Archive

Josh_Master_of_the_Staff

19.04.07 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A21803735

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more