News from the Douglas Adams Continuum

1 Conversation

An Aye-aye, a boggle-eyed mammal from Madagascar

Our friends at the Douglas Adams Continuum are always happy to let us know the latest DNA-related news.

Zoologist Mark Carwardine and the late Douglas Adams' lively expeditions in search of some of the rarest and most threatened animals on Earth is transformed from its original radio and bestselling book format into a TV series. This time it's Stephen Fry at the helm with Carwardine, as they revisit the six featured endangered species and bring their stories right up to date.

From Madagascar to Mauritius and from China to the Congo, the pair will be guided by the ethereal presence of Douglas Adams, whose voice lives on loud and clear in scene-setting audio. As they track down these extraordinary creatures, Mark and Stephen will explain the ecological pickle they are now in and encounter the often eccentric characters whose determination, 15 years later, is still all that stands between them and extinction.

This unlikely partnership will make Last Chance to See a groundbreaking, informative and humorous TV series — a treat for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy buffs who will enjoy Douglas's ghostly presence, a joy for Stephen Fry fans and a thought-provoking report for anyone interested in the beauty and variety of Earth's wildlife.

Stories and Articles About h2g2 Archive

The Duke of Dunstable

19.04.07 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A21892151

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more