The Don't Panic Help Centre

350 Conversations

A sparkly sign saying 'Don't Panic'.

Welcome to the Don't Panic Help Centre, your first stop if you have a question about h2g2. Here you can find out how to use every aspect of h2g2, from registration through to writing your own Guide Entries, and you can get here at any time simply by clicking on the 'Help!' button on every page.

NB: If you have a question that has arisen as a result of the Single Sign-On system and are a digibox user then please click here.

If you've got a question about h2g2, or you just want to find out more, here's what to do:

  • If You're New: If you want to know more about h2g2 and what we do here, then we've got a Tour of h2g2 that covers the main features of h2g2 in what we think is a friendly and rather entertaining manner. That's the idea, anyway.

  • If You Have a Question: If you've got the hang of h2g2 but you've got a more specific problem, then we've collected together the most frequently asked questions on h2g2, and tried to answer them. The result is the h2g2 FAQ (FAQ stands for 'Frequently Asked Questions'), your first stop for help, particularly if you've forgotten your password.

  • If You Need to Talk to a Human: If your question is not answered by the above, then the best place to ask your question is in the Feedback Forum, where the h2g2 Editors and Researchers will be only too happy to help.

You can also find a complete list of help pages in the All About h2g2 section of the Guide.

Why 'Don't Panic'?

The original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had 'Don't Panic' written on the cover in large friendly letters, and we figured that that's probably still the most sensible thing that anyone can say to anyone who needs help.

Don't Panic!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A219638

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more