Ping Pong

4 Conversations

Also referred to as table tennis, ping pong could fall under the classification of a sport or hobby. This is a unique activity in that there is no way to predict a person's ping pong skills; whether or not a person is good at ping pong is a completely random entity. What also makes ping pong so mystifying is the fact that, unlike most sports, there is nothing particularly impressive about being good at ping pong.

The rules of ping pong are quite simple, unless one of the people playing actually knows what the 'official' rules are*. In general, ping pong consists of two players with ping pong paddles hitting a ping pong ball across a net onto a designated half of the table. Points are received when:

  • The ball hits the opposite person's side twice.

  • Or hits the opposite person's side and bounces away without ever being returned to the original person's own side.

  • Or the opposite person stupidly hits the ball and completely misses the other side.

The first person to get 21 points is the winner.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A227512

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more