Joss Whedon's Firefly

0 Conversations

This short lived TV series was created by Joss Whedon- the man behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
It is set 500 years in the future and focuses on the crew of the "Serenity", a Firefly class vessel (hence the title).
The show lasted for a meager 14 episodes, of which only 12 were shown on the original US run, before Fox pulled the plug. Firefly has found it's audience on DVD, the sales of which have prompted a movie to be put into production entitled "Serenity" which will follow on from the TV series.

The characters are-
Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion)- Captain
Zoe (Gina Torres)- First Officer
Wash (Alan Tudyk)- Pilot
Jayne Cobb (Adam Baldwin)- Mercenary
Kaylee (Jewel Staite)- Engineer
Simon Tam (Sean Maher)- Doctor
Book (Ron Glass)- Shepherd (Preacher)
River Tam (Summer Glau)- The prodigy
Inara Sera (Morena Baccarin)- Companion

At it's simplist this show is a mixture of Sci Fi and Western, with Whedons usual cutting dialogue and fantastical situations, if anything this show is more grounded in reality than BTVS and Angel and if you are a fan of either of those shows or Sci-Fi in general, then this is worth a look.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2646876

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more