Thee Incredible Weirdness of Being

1 Conversation

Hello, and welcome to the very first edition of Thee Incredible Weirdness of Being.

In this column, I will be doing a number of things. I will write weird stuff. I will describe occulture, pop culture, and The Matrix . I will examine certain famous, dramatic events with a different slant on them.

I was originally going to talk at length about just what made me weird, but then I realized that what I had written was pretty cr*p. If I had made it my first edition, it would have put off a number of readers, thus scuppering my chances of this thing developing
a huge cult following. However, in the unlikely event that you actually want to know that stuff, here is a slightly condensed version.

It really began in fifth class in primary school, when all the boys were suddenly expected to play soccer during break time. Up to then, it had been pretty much common knowledge that I hated this sport, but all of a sudden, I found myself an outcast, doomed to spend break alone due to my views on the most pointless, violence-inducing, thuggish sport
around. I obviously could not play with the girls on account of my Y chromosomes. I reacted by retreating into myself, developing my imagination, and becoming far more intelligent than the rest of them. In quite a few instances, I knew more than my teachers. This was the start of my weirdness.

In secondary school I planned on reinventing myself, becoming popular, but this was not to be. Practically everyone else was a sex-and-ethanol obsessed idiot and, if you didn't get drunk regularly, you weren't cool. This system still exists and I get the impression that
it has for some time. Being a somewhat meek person with an interest in science didn't help, but by far the worst thing was that I was, and am, actually nice. This is a big no-no, as it will ultimately lead to exclusion - only nastiness and fickleness are acceptable to teenagers.

In 1999, I saw one of the greatest movies ever made: The Matrix. At the time, I did not understand the true significance of it, which I will discuss in (much) more detail in future editions. I also discovered hard rock, heavy metal and rock and roll in succeeding years and embraced my nerdom while others persecuted it. I refused to go to discos and became a voluntary outcast.

Last year, I discovered Disinformation1. The first disinfo book I read was Richard Metzger's occult anthology, Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult. It should not be confused with Aleister Crowley's book of the same name. I later got the earlier disinfo books, You Are Being Lied To: The Disinformation Guide to Media Distortion, Historical Whitewashes, and Cultural Myths and Everything You Know is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to Secrets and Lies. I got a book for Christmas called Matrix Warrior: Being the One by Jake Horsely and I have read the first two and a half books in the Conversations With God series by Neale Donald Walshe and God Almighty. These caused me to withdraw even further from mainstream society becoming a single, well-adjusted person of integrity rather than a mere cell in the vast organism of society. An interest in the occult is the final reason I am thus perceived as weird. All the works mentioned will be sourced frequently in this column. Also I should mention that, whenever I use a term that you are unfamiliar with, I will generally explain it in the future. However, I encourage you to do your own research as, let's face it, the world needs more weird people.

I've just realized that this sounds a bit like wallowing in self-pity. If you get that impression, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I just wanted to explain my weirdness, that's all. This column will probably be useful if you believe any of the following:

  • Marijuana is bad for you
  • Alcoholics Anonymous is effective
  • There is a secret code in the Bible
  • Wicca has existed for thousands of years as an underground religion
  • Aleister Crowley was one of the greatest charlatans of all time.
  • Anything the media have told us about The Columbine High School Massacre.

I will, over quite some time, be debunking all of these myths. And remember - I am not a Satanist. Finally, remember always: throughout time, it is the weird who have changed the world for the better. We will be going to some dark places but don't worry. I think I know
the way. Just don't let go of my hand until I release you in an impromptu, unexpected trial to see if you are truly worthy of the rank of priest(ess) of High Weirdness.

Until we meet again, my friend, this is Hussassan, signing off.

Hussassan

22.07.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1See the website for further details.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2853100

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more