Vodka Jelly Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Vodka Jelly

7 Conversations

The idea of vodka  jelly is a simple one: get drunk as quickly as you can, by eating a food most commonly found at young children's birthday parties.

The basic recipe is just that - very basic. Make up a packet of jelly, using between a quarter and half of the amount of water suggested. Top up with as much vodka as you like (or can handle).

A True Art

However, the art of vodka-jelly-making is not an easy one. There are several factors to be weighed up - each depending upon your own personal taste:

  • How strong is the vodka?

  • How thick is the jelly (without vodka)?

  • Do you want to be able to taste the vodka much, or not at all?

  • Should anything else be added to the jelly, such as fruit?

These, and several other minor points have to be taken into consideration in order to create the perfect vodka jelly - one that is perfectly set (and has the perfect wobble factor), and also the perfect flavour and texture.

The only way to find the recipe for the perfect vodka jelly is trial and error - as everybody has a slightly but significantly different idea of perfection.

It's good fun finding it though.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A291007

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more