Alternative Brews, Amherst, New York, USA Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Alternative Brews, Amherst, New York, USA

0 Conversations

Alternative Brews is a pub in Amherst, NY, USA, near Buffalo. It is located on the north side of Route 324 on Sheridan Road between Sweet Home Road and the I-290 expressway.

Some Important Information

  • With over 150 domestic, imported, and microbrewed beers, there is certainly no shortage to choose from. The menu includes brewed ciders and flavoured brews, among others.

  • Cigars are available. There's even a menu for them.

  • There are blues bands playing most weekends.

  • Wonderful service. So wonderful that if you don't argue, you can occasionally get free beer.

  • Tile walls with the names of certain club members. Interesting to read, at least. If you try hard enough, you can get your name on a tile. The various clubs include 'The Brewmaster's Club' and 'The Deck Club'.

  • The entire common room is ringed with empty bottles and cans of different types of beer. They are located on shelves above the head and are fun to look at.

  • Lots of people on weekends and a deck for use in the summer.

Just Part of the Menu

  • Dinkelacker (Pilsner)
  • Carlsberg (Lager)
  • Three Stooges (Lager)
  • Catamount (Porter)
  • Bodington's (Ale)
  • Dos Equis (Amber Brew)
  • Guinness (Stout)
  • Red Hook Black Coffee (Stout)
  • Sam Adams Cream Stout (Stout)
  • Silverback Gorilla (Stout)
  • Spaten (Lager)

Prices

At the time of writing, prices range from $3.00 for most beers, up to as high as $12.00 for 25 oz. bottle of La Chouffe. Most beers are under $6.00, even the rare and special beers. It is not the cheapest place to go and drink, but likely one of the more enjoyable.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Edited Entry

A306983

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more