How to Make an Orange Julius Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

How to Make an Orange Julius

6 Conversations

The Orange Julius is a rare, ideal non-alcoholic summer beverage whose franchise is similar to the Krispy Kreme doughnut chain/franchise. They sell beverages of various types, but obviously their 'calling card' is the Orange Julius drink.

The drink is a sort of frothy, orange-flavoured milkshake. Like most speciality food chains, they have a top-secret recipe, so no one knows exactly how to make one. Fortunately there are some recipes that exist to make an Orange Julius-like imitation in your own home.

Ingredients

  • 1 2/3 cup of orange juice
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 6 regular size ice cubes
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Put the above ingredients into a blender, and mix until the liquid is frothy and smooth. A good indicator is when you can no longer hear bits of ice being chopped up.
It is an easy drink to make, provided you can get the ingredients.

Final Notes

While the Orange Julius is an incredible thing, it is also fairly rare. Their website does not list the location of the franchises - this will be terribly distressing if you're trying to find somewhere to drink the real thing. It is known for a fact they are close to the north east US, and that they are also in Minnesota. If you know where else they can be found, please tell us.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A307009

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more