h2g2 Post 18.11.04

1 Conversation


Posted: 18th November 2004


 

Things just pile up sometimes!

After struggling along without my own computer, without my favourite black and orange cat and convincing myself that I only had a cold, it all came to a head(ache!) last week and I had to admit defeat. My sinusitis just wouldn't shift, my email stopped functioning and The Post Office was a shambles. The good news is that (touch wood) the headaches have abaited and I have a rather nifty Compaq sitting on my desk. The bad news is that, apparently, my email is still playing up. Some of you are having no problem at all contacting me on my .com address but others say it bounces straight back to them. So, for the time being, I have resurrected my old 'Rupert' webmail account.If the .com won't work for you then try this one instead.
On a brighter note, may I remind you all that The Post is rapidly approaching its 5th birthday and plans are already afoot to celebrate in style. Publication used to be on a Sunday night/Monday morning and the first ever edition hit the web around 2am on 6th December 1999... in the only skin available at the time 'Classic Goo'! We would love it if contributors old and new would join in the party and submit a little something. Traditionally we celebrate during the first week of December so the birthday edition will fall on the 2nd - in just two weeks time.
Eagle-eyed readers may notice that the Post Christmas Poetry Competition kicks off again this week. There are two distinct categories so plenty of scope for all you budding poets out there. As before, the winner will be by popular vote so you can still contribute even if you don't wax lyrical.
Finally, those of you in the UK enjoy 'Children in Need' on Friday. If you're going to sit in a bath of cold baked beans for the day make sure that you have a computer nearby so you can still read your Post!

ShazzPRME


 
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
 
 
FEATURES
 
 
 
 
FICTION
 
 

 
CARTOONS
 
 
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 

  • WOTeva

  • Up to the minute teen newsletter

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3089027

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more